We are Peter & Pauls Hospitality Group and we are leaders in response to COVID-19. We will lead by example and set the standards for those in our industry to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our valued staff, clients, and guests. Celebrating life’s most momentous occasions is what we do best at Peter & Pauls Hospitality Group, and we remain committed to putting the health and safety of our staff and patrons as a top priority.
We have reopened our venues and restaurants with the utmost care and consideration for public health guidelines set out to us and exercised to the fullest extent. Our venues cross over three municipalities: Toronto, Vaughan, and King City. We have been working diligently with by-law enforcement and Public Health in all three municipalities and are following all provincial advice and/or local requirements to open and operate safely.
We as an organization continue to follow and enhance all by-law protocols set out by both the Provincial and respective municipalities. We have put together an entire manual for our staff to read over and understand before reopening. We have set in place a pre-event preparation handbook and implemented new policies and procedures to all staff members to adhere to as per government rules and regulations.
Here’s what we have implemented so far:
- There is a designated checklist prepared for food premises pre-opening, pre-gathering/event communication, health declaration and logs for visitors and staff, vendor management, event management, washroom checks to ensure proper hygiene and social distancing is being followed, event set-up and service, in-person site-tour protocols, office protocol, face coverings, event capacity, and regulation both indoors and outdoors, suspected case management, and self-isolation and return-to-work preparation.
- We came up with all-new menus for Peter and Paul’s EventCatering designed specifically for home delivery or contactless pickup.
- All staff members must wear a mask and anyone who enters any of our event venues must wear a mask as well. Upon entering our event venues, we check your temperature. We have large tables set up with hand sanitizer and masks in the foyer. Meetings commence at the large tables to maintain a social distance.
- At David Duncan House, we have hand sanitizing stations set up throughout the restaurant and at the entrance of our patio. Tables are at a 2-metre distance from one another to ensure social distancing. If you must use the washroom while dining on our patio, we ask guests to please wear a mask upon entering the restaurant.
- We are hosting functions of 100 people maximum outdoors and 50 people maximum indoors following the government rules and regulations. We can host multiple private events due to our private entrances. Washrooms are cleaned as per government regulations. Food is safely handled and all staff will also be wearing masks (indoors and outdoors). We have patio options available at most of our venues that can hold up to 100 people maximum.
In short, we as an organization continue to follow and enhance all by-law protocols set out by both the Province and respective municipalities. We have separate entrances and exits to keep safe pedestrian flow of patrons, we installed directional signage, additional hand sanitation stations, washroom attendants, and increased security. Our staff wear masks at all times and enforce mask by-law indoors in all public spaces when not sitting to eat their meals. We have created our own COVID-19 Playbook that is used across our organization. We have many elimination, engineering, and administrative controls in place.
The lockdown period was tough. We had to step outside of our comfort zones and completely remodel how we run our businesses. We wanted to provide the 5-star service you know and love to everyone, all over the GTA, from the comfort of their own home. It was a learning curve for sure and it was a very tough time, but we are so happy to continue to do what we do best no matter the circumstances. We want to also note that we are so grateful and value our customers, clients, staff and guests for the continuous support and loyalty throughout this time. We cannot wait to welcome you back and host your next social or corporate event! We are Peter & Pauls Hospitality Group and we are leaders in response to COVID-19.
For more information please visit our website or call us today at 905.326.2000!